I am an experienced arts and non-profit leader who has successfully directed organizations and projects in the cultural and public sectors for more than 25 years.
The Adlers Agency
I recently relaunched The Adlers Agency, my consulting business, and am working with cultural and non-profit organizations on interim management, operational assessment and strategic planning, fundraising and development, board development, succession planning, artistic administration, special event and tour production, and cross-cultural collaboration.
Current and past clients
- Luminous Voices (Calgary)
- The Elora Singers and Elora Festival (Elora)
- Department of Canadian Heritage (Ottawa)
- Global Affairs Canada (Ottawa)
- State Choir LATVIJA (Riga)
- composer Ēriks Ešenvalds (Latvia)
- Pax Christi Chorale (Toronto)
- composer Stephanie Martin (Canada)
- Orpheus Choir of Toronto
- Amadeus Choir of Greater Toronto
- National Youth Choir of Canada 2022
- Choirs Ontario (Toronto)
- University of Guelph Music Department
- Business for the Arts (Toronto)
- Estonian National Opera Boys’ Choir (Tallinn)
- Latvian Youth Choir BALSIS (Riga)
- composer Peter-Anthony Togni (Canada)
- HEC Montréal
- Humber College Arts Management Program
- Music Niagara
- The Hammer Band – From Violence to Violins (Toronto)
- Latvian Festival of Song and Dance in Canada (Hamilton, Toronto)
I offer consulting services on an hourly basis and design and deliver customized half-day or full-day seminars for Boards of Directors, staff or individuals on a broad range of topics related to managing cultural or non-profit organizations. I also welcome the opportunity to discuss short and long-term, temporary and permanent contracts.
Laura Adlers is a shining beacon amongst culture management professionals in Canada. I have had the pleasure of working with her on concert and touring projects featuring my compositions. There is no doubt that, through her connections and with her experience and professionalism, she has brought my music to a greater audience. She is a gem and I look forward to future collaborations.
Laura is wonderful to collaborate with. She brings a holistic understanding to her work, catching everything from the smallest detail right through to the big-picture strategic goals. Her competent leadership skills and eloquent personality bring projects to life!
Laura is a producer and culture manager of great integrity and professionalism who has a solid understanding of the international choral world.
Laura is deeply dedicated to the promotion and management of both Canadian and international choirs and understands the importance of connecting international choral communities. She has been instrumental in raising BALSIS’ profile on the world stage.
We were so pleased to have Laura Adlers as General Manager of Pax Christi Chorale. Laura had the energy and conviction to take the organization to a higher level with expertise in corporate fundraising, audience building, grant writing and publicity. What was really impressive was that her administrative work was fuelled by a true love of the music. She was in tune with the musical product she was promoting, and she didn’t hide her enthusiasm.